- About Me
- My Weight Loss Plan
- Sample Meal Plan
- Tips & Tricks
- Sources of Motivation!
- My Online Store
- Shakeology Recipes
- Follow Me on INSTAGRAM!
- Schedule a FREE Consultation!
- Like me on FACEBOOK
- JOIN MY FITNESS CHALLENGE!
- Become a Beachbody Coach: JOIN MY TEAM!
- FAQs : Frequently Asked Questions
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
-1/2 cup Pinto Beans
-1/10 cup water
-1 extra large egg
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like "Go veggie" because it's soy and gluten free, 0g/mg trans fat and cholesterol)
-1/8 cup salsa
-11 tortilla chips
-Chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin to taste. --------------------------------------------
1. Drain and rinse beans and place them in a small saucepan over medium heat with 1/10 cup water. Add in chili/garlic/cumin/salt/pepper. Cook until warned (about 5 minutes.
2. Scramble one large egg and remove from heat.
3. Arrange 11 tortilla chips on a place. Place the cooked pinto beans on top followed by the scrambled egg.
4. Place cheese and salsa on top.
5. If cheese not completely melted, place nachos in microwave for 30 seconds.
Calories: 388.2; Carbs: 38.4g; Fat: 18.5g; Protein: 22.7g
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Truth: I used to get pumpkin spice lattes constantly from Starbucks every fall. But have you seen that photo circulating about the truth of whats in those things? Terrible! In every pumpkin spice latte there are:
*2 doses of Caramel Color Level IV, coloring made with ammonia and considered a carcinogen
*Absolutely no real pumpkin ingredients
*Made with Monsanto Milk cows fed GMO corn, soy, and cottonseed or soy milk that contains Carrageenan stablizer linked to intestinal inflammation and cancer
*Toxic dose of Sugar (Grande has over 50g of sugar)
*Ambiguous Natural Flavors that can be made from Anything found on earth
*Artifical Flavors made from substances like petroleum
*Preservatives & Sulfites that can cause allergic reactions
*Possible Pesticide Residue from using non-organic coffee beans
*Contains condensed convential milk, not vegan even with soy milk options.
Instead, try this YUMMY Pumpkin Pie Shakeology recipe that tastes just like (maybe even better) than the pumpkin spice latte! And the good news? It will be your healthiest meal of the day! 70+ superfood ingredients and only 270 Calories. Delish!
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
- PiYo is low-impact, high-intensity body-transformation program that uses the most effective Pilates- and yoga- inspired moves to sculpt long, lean muscles and burn fat.
- Utilizing fluid movements, you are kept in constant motion to give you a dynamic cardio workout that typical Pilates or yoga workouts lack.
- Its low-impact so you won't have to jump around or strain your joints.
- It's high-intensity so you get the fat-burning results of a more extreme program.
- It's designed to help you get an intensely defined, long, and lean physique.
- PiYo is great for anyone or any age, body type, or fitness level. Beginners can follow the modifications demonstrated and even those super-fit athletes can utilize the program to improve their core strength and flexibility through the targeted Pilates-and yoga- inspired moves.
- PiYo's workouts range from 25-45 minutes. No long drive times to make it to classes, no membership fees - no nothing. Just a solid 25-45 minutes of low-impact, high-intensity workouts.
- PiYo's workouts don't require a lot of equipment. You just need your body, a yoga mat, and your motivation to get the results youre looking for.
- PiYo is perfect if youre looking to get the benefits of Pilates and yoga but want the calorie burn of a cardio workout.
- PiYo is also great if you're looking to give your body a break from extreme programs but keep getting results and improve your performance in other sports by restoring flexibility and core strength."
So, now that you know a little more about PiYo, its pretty fantastic, right?! Well, besides the amazing workouts, your PiYo program comes with a SIMPLE and easy to use nutrition guide. Similar to the 21 Day Fix, your meal plan allows for optimal flexibility while still maintaining a healthy, balanced, and nutritious meal plan.
To make things EVEN EASIER for you, I've created some awesome PiYo materials to take the guesswork out of your meal planning, while teaching you how to create and maintain a healthy meal plan - habits that can be used for a lifetime. So, what all did I create? Here's the deets:
These materials contain:
- Weekly Meal Planners for EVERY Calorie Bracket
- Meal Plans with your food items for each meal and snack pre-spaced out and arranged for you to ensure optimal nutrition and balance in your diet to prevent low blood sugar, carb binges at night, and to keep you feeling satisfied and full all day long
- Weekly food serving breakdown and chart for suggestions on how many items to pick from each food group. This helps make meal planning and prepping easier so you don't have tons of random recipes, food items, and can save money and time when meal prepping
- A 10 STEP MEAL PLANNING AND PREPARATION GUIDE. I walk you through everything: from how to calculate your caloric needs, to selecting good items, creating a grocery list, best ways to cook food and how to store food and create a meal plan
- A FREE one week meal plan
- Each Meal Plan has a daily food group breakdown reminder AND a reminder for how much water to drink and what your workout of the day is
- Each Meal Planner has your macro breakdown for each day too!
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Found a way to get Gideon to eat what he loves WHILE giving him more protein and vitamins and minerals! Granted, some of shakeologys nutritional value gets burned off when cooked above (or below) room temperature but it's still better than nothing! The shakeology retains the majority of it's nutritional value; however some is Cooked off in the process but it still contains more nutrients than if you attempted to add all the fruits, veggies, and vitamins/minerals found in the shakeo. So, despite some of the nutrients being burned off, it's a much better alternative -without changing the taste- to ensuring you get your healthiest meal of the day in.
So why is it a big deal that Gid-kid ate these-willingly?
If you know anything about kids and autism, This is a BIG deal that we can get him to eat this because many of those with autism are VERY selective eaters. Some children with autism prefer certain colored foods, while some might prefer a certain texture, or a shape, of combinations of these things. Because the spectrum is so wide, it's different for each and every child.
Normally it's hard for us to get Gideon to eat anything other than Mac and cheese, yellow cheese quesadillas, grilled cheese, bread/pancakes, or Cheetos- things that contain little to no nutritional value. So Dave and I are pleased that we can get him some extra vitamins, minerals, and protein in a way that doesn't offend him and that he actually enjoys. #winning. So here's the recipe:
6-Grain Shakeology & Cinnamon Swirl Protein Pancakes!
1.5 cups milk
4 TBSP coconut oil
1 Packet Vanilla #shakeology
1 scoop cellucor cinnamon swirl whey protein
1.5 cups organic 6-grain pancake & waffle mix (central milling company- found at Costco)
Heat skillet medium-low gear or electric griddle to 375 degrees. Te skillet is ready when drops of water sizzle then disappear immediately.
Place ingredients in bowl, stir with whisk till smooth.
Let mixture stand for 1-2 minutes to thicken
Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake
Flip pancakes when they begin to bubble and are golden brown.
Recipes yields about 10, five inch pancakes.